In the 14th century the Fischerfeld is a pleasure-hub and center of attraction for jugglers and travelling folk in the east of Frankfurt. There are wine-houses, dance and song. Often the counsel intervenes against the debauchery.
About 1400 the Fischerfeld goes through a transformation because of defensive works. Walls and trenches are being leveled. A Blockhouse furnished with balistraria in the east of the Fischerfeld stays.
In the beginning of the 16th century the Frankfurt counsel cedes this Blockhouse to the Guild of Fowlers. The house holds a special importance for society of this medieval city.
On 14th of July in the year 1552 the Blockhouse is destroyed during a siege.
In 1605 the Guild of Fowlers erects on top of the preserved vaults a wooden house.
In 1652 the city counsel grants the guild the right to tap wine in their Schützenhaus.
In 1795 the patrician family LAROCHE and ALLINGER take over the wine-trade of JOHANN JAKOB BURCK in the cellars and vaults of the former Schützenhaus. From this point on the wine-trade is called LA ROCHE & ALLINGER.
In 1806 this house and nearby medieval structures are destroyed to make room for new city infrastructure. The cellars and vaults of the wine-trade survive. JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE belongs to the circle of friends of the family La Roche.
To the opening of the alten Brücke from 14th till 18th of August 1926 LA ROCHE & ALLINGER apply for a limited liquor licence. In reference to the festivities they call it BRÜCKENKELLER.
In 1927 the Brückenkeller known for its wine and dining reopens.